Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Monday, December 04, 2006

On the road again!

Hello World! Cheesy I know, but what else do you start with? I've started this blog to write about triathlon and the road to the ironman, and maybe with hope, help, and a miracle or four, to Kona for the big show.

Less than six months ago I ran my first ironman distance race in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. It was the hottest, longest day I can remember wanting to exercise in, and it was glorious.

The new season for the Team in Training IRONTEAM has begun and we’re on the road again. I came back this year to be a mentor to the team, to see if I can’t make this year as good or better for everyone who has come out to support the cause and to challenge themselves with this distance.

These sixteen ironmen & ironwomen will work over then next seven months to train their bodies and minds to conquer 140.6 miles of water and road to cross the finish line in less than seventeen hours. They have also taken on the challenge of raising $8,500~$10,000 dollars for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society. Neither of which is anything to be taken lightly.

In the next weeks I hope to introduce you to my team. Stay tuned.
-dean

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home