Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Awaiting the beginning...

Ahh Friday the last sane day to get a real light workout in. This morning was a light swim, a bike ride over 11 miles of the run course, and a lovely drive through Idaho in to Hayden on the all new Ironman Coeur d'Alene bike course.

The swim at 7am was cool with a strong wind chop over the water. It was my first swim in the lake since last year and it's just how I remember it. The fresh water is pristine and the amount of pre race anxiety in the ait was so strong I'd swear some peole were racing already.

The whole scene is insane. But in a good way.

I'm standing in line waiting for the athlete meeting and dinner. The line is CRAZY!!!


http://irondean.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home