Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Cruising the coonejo

Today the ironteam did a century ride in thousand oaks, ca. Put on by the Conejo Valley cycling club, this challenging ride featured several distances for the casual 25 mile, to the 100 mile course with over 6000 feet of climbing.
It was my first long workout in close to six weeks and had to call it quits at seventy miles. For the first time even Ipulled a DNF.

More to come on this event later.
-dean

http://irondean.blogspot.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home