Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Friday, April 20, 2007

A day on the path

Of the trends in triathlon, one of the best in my opinion is the opportunity for triathletes to train on the grounds of an event site and under the instruction of coaches and event staff. Large triathlons such as the Jamba Juice Wildflower Triathlon plan on hosting several training camps for interested athletes (training camps).

The opportunity for newcomers and experienced athletes alike is tremendous. If you're planning on attending a long course event, for the first time especially, I'd recommend attending a training camp if such a thing is offered by the event organizers.

For Team in Training athletes for whom Wildflower is an opportunity, a training weekend is often one of the options included in the benefits for fundraising athletes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home