Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Amazing Finish

A week ago at Ironman California the winner, Andy Potts, finished the 70.3 mile course in 3:59:59 unofficial time. Even though there were wave starts that started me over an hour behind him, let's face some facts. The very idea that professional athletes can finish the course in this amount of time merely cements the idea that I, yes, me, will never go pro. As a matter of perspective, I was still on my way out on the bike as this man was finishing the RACE!!! A serious congratulations are in order.

The fifth professional male finisher was just five minutes behind. I stand in awe.
Ironman California 70.3

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home