Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

A quick recap

It's Ju.. err May. We're so close that it might as well be June. This will be my 45th post of the year. All in all not bad, that's 9-10 posts a month, 2-3 posts per week. It's been a kick for me to write for all of you. Thanks for following us so far and taking any possible learnings from the missteps that I've made thus far in my training.

Here's a little of what I've learned:
- Training = Hard Work
- Ironman training = INSANELY HARD WORK
- Workouts are best done in all conditions to prepare the body and mind for anything.
- Training for the long course is made better/easier when working with others.
- EVERYTHING tastes better after 100 miles on a bike.
- NOTHING feels better after a marathon than a nap.
- When in doubt, Go team
- For some reason this is fun.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home