Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lake Placid Update

Just got back from Strawberry Fields where LA Tri had a great day.

But on with the news. Running time in Lake Placid is 12 hours and 15 mins. It's raining, and has been raining all day long. Kevin and Christy are out on the run, and according the live athlete tracker have yet to split on the marathon. I'd say that they're about a half hour away from finishing the first half of the marathon. Mark "Irondad" Cook is out on the run and put away the first half of the marathon in a tidy two and a half hours. Look for him to finish in the 14 hour range.

Depending on what minute you check the weather in Placid it's either raining or just cloudy. We're seeing temps around 65 degrees with 80%+ humidity.

I'll check in later
-dean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home