Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Iroman Coeur d'Alene - Anything is possible

Anything is possible. That's the theme of what I'm calling my sport. For me over the past three years my journey has netted me four new personal records in endurance sports, what I'm hoping will be my second healthy Ironman start, new friends, and a smoother healthier lifestyle.

In taking a moment, there are a number of groups that have made getting here easier if not making the notion of all of this possible in the first place.

First, as should be, are my family. Yes, that solid group of people who desite calling this crazy have put up with slowly returned phone calls & emails, dinners cut short due to exhaustion, and a smaller amount of time in general.

The same could be said for my friends.

I'm not not formally sponsored but I've made some friends along the way. Special thanks go to Motortabs. After trying several available hydration options, Motortabs with the remainder of my carbohydrate needs filled by Carbopro and Powerbars, have been the best practice and race day nutrition for me

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home