Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Just another day in the water

We've just entered a new phase in our training this year with our workouts becoming more specialized. Each discipline will now have shorter more intense sessions to compliment that race like all-day pace of the longer slower workouts. The longer workouts train the body to do the work that we have to as efficiently as possible while the shorter sessions challenge muscles, and the cardio system to support harder work, pushing out the envelope of what we are capable of doing as athletes.

This is where it starts getting fun. All those looking forward to our first 4-hour ride say YAY! (I'm sure it's just water in my ears from last night, but I wasn't the only one cheering was I?...) See you all Saturday.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home