Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Out of the woods

After what must have been four weeks I'm finally almost clear of a nasty cough/cold/flu-like plague that took me down and out of training. (Read: WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!) And with that we're five real weeks away from the 2007 Ford California Ironman 70.3 Race, or for those of you who know it from way back, The Ralphs Half-Ironman. Whatever you might call it, it's going to be down in Oceanside on the 31st of March and she's-a-comin'.

A 70.3 race is (duh) half of an Ironman distance 140.6 mile race. It consists of a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile (half marathon) run. It's fun in the sun and if you're interested in it at all you should come on down and race, volunteer, and/or watch as we take this course on.

Quite a few of our Team in Training team will be out in force that day. Look for a quite a few new personal records (PRs) being set and a modest number of first timers completing their first race at this distance. Go Team. Five good weeks of training and we'll be race ready, just watch.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home