Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Feel the burn

After seeing it twice now I can say with near certainty that one of the more significant signs of coming out of base training and pushing towards a build phase of training is the intense desire to sleep. My advice to just about everyone on this path is to kiss your personal life good-bye and make sure you have a comfy place to land, because you're going down.

I mean that in the nicest way. You're asking your body to add a few more hours of training to the schedule, and push a little harder as we try to challenge a system already under stress. The amount of recharging, in rest and in food, may/will seem a little irrational at first, but it is completely normal.

Welcome to training. We're going long from here on out. Hugs and kisses to the loved ones. (Click here to see the previous post on this one.) See you on the road. -dean

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home