Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wow... 19 weeks

I was looking at my friend Heather's blog (also available here at blogspot.com) and realized that we're, gasp, twenty weeks from Ironman. The sound of it just resonates. TWENTY WEEKS!!! A short time in the grand scheme of the world, and certainly less than half a year. It's getting close people. Now we do a little building, a little racing, a little recovery, and for those that are inclined, a little drinking. (Note: replace any of the "a little" for any of the following as the situation demands: tons of, way too much, just enough, well needed, killer loads of.) In the meantime see you all at practice.

2007 Ironman season has officially started. First major race for us is 2007 California 70.3 race at the end of March... Can you hear it coming?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home