Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

A new milestone

So we're back in Malibu for the weekend. I can seriously think of worse places to be for a Saturday. We break through a new milestone for us this weekend. The five hour ride. Five hours at fifteen miles an hour puts you at seventy five miles.

More importantly it requires a higher level of attention be paid to nutrition planning and pacing. From here on out expect longer and harder rides. At the very least this ride will prep people who are training for the California Half... opps, California 70.3 race in Oceanside at the end of next month.

We should have some nice weather though:

Looks like that's all from me for today! See you at Zuma.
-dean

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home