Irondean - One more Iron Madman

This is the training blog for Dean Sakihama. I’m not a health nut. I’m a distance junkie. The healthiest things I’ve done in my life are shortening my commute, leaving toxic jobs, finding good friends, and taking up running. In the triathlon world I fell in love with long distances.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Whoo Hoo! What a Ride!

To my triathlete friends and readers,
Have you ever gotten that jaw dropping, "You're going to do what?.." When you explain to people that in a triathlon you are going to swim, then ride a bike, then run, no matter how far you're going to go? I know that I have. And of course the popular follow ups, are either
  1. That's so cool. I wish I were in that kind of shape
  2. Holy *&%$ that sounds hard.
  3. Why the *&#@ would you do that.
The first two are nice for the ego. For the third I offer this:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I offer up CHEERS, KAMPAI, Salud, and a L'Chiam to the ride. Live it up and leave it all out on the course. -dean

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home